This healthy lo mein is packed with fresh crunchy vegetables. Lo mein is one of our all-time favourite Chinese dishes, and it couldn’t be easier to make! With a handful of ingredients and about 10 minutes of your stir-fry skills will result in this Chinese classic that’s less effort than rummaging around for a takeaway menu in the first place. Exploring new quick and easy dinner recipes? This homemade quick and easy lo mein is far fresher and more flavoursome!
- Dry ramen noodles
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp fresh minced ginger
- 3 fresh onions (white and green)
- 3-4 carrots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 handful of fresh mushrooms
- 1 red pepper
- 1 minced chili
- 1 fresh hot pepper, sliced
- 1 broccoli
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
* In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and set aside.
I’m always this serious when plating vegetable Lo Mein 😳😳😲😬 .. but dang, it looks good right?! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻❤️ Who wants some?? 🙋🏻♀️ . . . Grab the recipe here! Click on the link in my profile: 👉🏻👉🏻👉🏻 (video coming soon!): https://hipfoodiemom.com/2014/08/14/quick-and-easy-vegetable-lo-mein-2/ . . . #tastingtable #asianfood #lomein #vegetarianfood #vegetarian #noodles #veggielover #realfood #thenewhealthy #f52grams #eattheworld #foodandwine #foodgawker #delicious #deliciousfood #foodstagram #foodblogger #foodblog #foodblogfeed #instavideo #instafood @thefeedfeed #feedfeed #eeeeeats #video #foodvideo #food #heresmyfood @food #fbcigers @foodnetwork
- Cook the noodles as described on the package. Drain well and set aside.
- Chop/slice the vegetables in tiny bits and set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in a large skillet or wok. Add the ginger, the onions, the chili and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and stir-fry for about 5 minutes, then stir in the noodles and the sauce and cook for another 4 minutes – with the vegetables still fresh and crunchy.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
NB: We only used vegetables in this recipe, but feel free to use eggs, chicken, beef, shrimp or anything else to twist the recipe to your delight.